Translate

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Close call during Video Night shots!

Yesterday night around 11:00pm I was standing by the c-train station 7ave and 5th street southwest. Preparing my camera and tripod to get some nice shots of the c-train arriving with the tasteful light installation in the background.
The tripod was up the camera still in the bag as a revving engine and squeaking tire sounds caught my attention, just in the right moment.
The f-150 was coming towards me and my tripod on the curb, a quick jump to the side till I realized that the driver just got his truck under control again and stopped right on the tracks.
The lights at the intersection were red for him but his motor seemed to malfunction as it revved up  and only the quick reaction of both drivers stopped this close call before it could turn fatal.
Really great job they did, the Calgary city police arrived soon and had in seconds everything under control, good job guys!
Was after that a bit under shock and tried some other shots but was done for that night, but here is the footage with narration about everything.
Hope you enjoy,
JayDee

No comments:

Post a Comment