Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally on itunes

Hey hey hey,
what a morning.
Finally found out that my song is submitted to itunes, thanks to routenote for helping small artists to get their stuff out and be able to make a buck or two. It feels great to have this ability without sacrificing your soul to the majors.
My music is mostly sampler based ( I use the MPC 1000 from Akai ) and gets spiced with some extras through Garageband.
I would recommend to do some research and see which distributer for your digital music would be the best. There are many out there with different offers that change rapidly as this whole digital music game is growing. Another good distributer is tunecore, there are countless distributers for your music out there, too many to name. But before you sign up, be aware of this little hint.
Say you have a cd and you think you could double up sales using both tunecore and routenote, that is total wrong. If you sell the same songs through both of them (tunecore and routenote) and both push it up to say itunes, what happens is that your song or cd won't be showing up. Itunes thinks it is spamming and put you up on a blacklist,that I heard from many others. BE AWARE of this and only sell through one digital distribution service. And now good luck on selling your music and I wish you all the best of luck. If you have any questions you can leave a comment and I will answer as good as I can. The link below is to my song on itunes, support your small artsist.
Thank you,
JayDee

Song on itunes

No comments:

Post a Comment